According to Priscilla Dunstan, the five universal words (or sound reflexes) used by infants are:
- Neh (I’m hungry) – An infant uses the sound reflex “Neh” to communicate its hunger. The sound is produced when the sucking reflex is triggered, and the tongue is pushed up on the roof of the mouth.
- Owh (I’m sleepy) – An infant uses the sound reflex “Owh” to communicate that they are tired. The sound is produced much like an audible yawn.
- Heh (I’m experiencing discomfort) – An infant uses the sound reflex “Heh” to communicate stress, discomfort, or perhaps that it needs a fresh diaper. The sound is produced by a response to a skin reflex, such as feeling sweat or itchiness in the bum.
- Eairh (I have lower gas) – An infant uses the sound reflex “Eairh” to communicate they have flatulence or an upset stomach. The sound is produced when trapped air from a belch is unable to release and travels to the stomach where the muscles of the intestines tighten to force the air bubble out. Often, this sound will indicate that a bowel movement is in progress, and the infant will bend its knees, bringing the legs toward the torso.This leg movement assists in the ongoing process.
- Eh (I need to be burped) – An infant uses the sound reflex “Eh” to communicate that it needs to be burped. The sound is produced when a large bubble of trapped air is caught in the chest, and the reflex is trying to release this out of the mouth.
Koosje Kosters is London’s expert in post natal back pain solutions!
Have you suffered with years of back pain?
Frustrated that nothing seems to fix things permanently?
…contact Koosje now:
Koosje has been involved in the private practitioner world as an osteopath, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and paediatric osteopath for over a decade. Every day, she helps people like you out of pain and start feeling great now! Koosje travels all over the world to teach and has successfully helped thousands of clients everywhere from Canada to Japan. Koosje is the founder of Post Natal Back Solutions, the place where mums turn to get postpartum back pain relief. Focused on permanent solutions, Koosje’s unique 3 step system aims to resolve the root cause of your problem so we get you out of pain and into your dream life!
Love the life you live, live the life you love!
(Koosje can be pronounced as ‘Koshe’)
Location: The Light Centre Belgravia, 7-9 Eccleston Street, London, SW1W 9LX
OSTEOPATHY | PHYSIOTHERAPY | ACUPUNCTURE | MASSAGE | LONDON SW1 | 2017 | KOOSJE KOSTERS 0745492I999